Monday 29 October 2012

Electricity Challenge Update

Ok, meter reading today is: 14407 - that's 112 units in 8 days, averaging 14 units a day.

Down 0.6 units, not bad but not great either. I woke up on Saturday and himself had left all the lights on, he was last to bed.



I gave in and dried some clothes in the tumble dryer after using up all the radiators - we have a toddler so go through a lot of clothes each week, that can't have helped.

The biggest positive changes I've made are: I've started to put lids on my pots when cooking, I've cut down on the tumble dryer, unplug everything and as the heat is on we have hot water for washing dishes and are cutting down on the dishwasher....


Edited to note: I'm sitting in bed with everything switched off and unplugged except my laptop. I've even switched off the bedside lamp so everything is spooky and the only light is from this screen. I'm taking my challenge seriously - plan to average 13 units a day this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment