Monday 26 March 2012

Grow your own

So my green fingers are pretty much blue fingers. I'm not fantastic at gardening.

That said, I grow my own Basil. Basil is easy, if I can grow it then anyone can. It's lovely in any tomato based sauce. Once you're growing your own you don't have to buy it and that's the aim these days.

Watercress is another easy peasy one to grow, it's lovely in a sandwich.

My Dad is growing his own potatoes and has his own chicken coop - if you have the room then you have eggs every morning and chicken feed doesn't cost much.

A friend of mine is growing tomatoes and lettuce, she makes it look so easy...

So - mission for this week, grow something, it doesn't have to be as room consuming as potatoes, try basil or watercress to start :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment